|Address:||5 East Main Street|
PO Box 265
Warner NH 03278
|Hours:||8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Mon/Wed/Thu|
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Tue
Additional Information and Links:
- 911 Number Assignment Application
- Building Code Ordinance
- Building Permit Application
- Building Setback Reference Chart
- Certificate of Occupancy Requirements
- Fee Schedule
- Flood Plain Development Ordinance
- Residential Energy Code
- Septic - Frequently Asked Questions
- Zoning Ordinance
When do I need to obtain a Building Permit?
- Interior renovations
- Additions of any size - residential, commercial, industrial
- Enlarging existing structures, rooms or spaces
- Creating new rooms or spaces within a structure
- Structural changes or repairs
- Demolitions of all or part of a structure
- New or replacement structures, including sheds, pools, decks, garages, carports, etc.
- Changes in Use or Occupancy
- Expansion or changes to electrical, plumbing, mechanical or fire protection systems
Do I need to obtain a permit for repairs?Ordinary repairs, classified as normal maintenance, do not require a permit. In general, to be considered a repair the item which is being repaired must already exist. Types of work may include:
- Painting or wallpapering
- Repairing floors or carpets
- Repairing interior trim, walls (this does not include demolition and reconstruction)
- Repairing cabinets or countertops
- Repairing roofs, windows, doors or siding
- No permit is required for an accessory structure 120 square feet or less (i.e. dog houses, play houses, sheds etc.), but must maintain required set-back requirements.
Building Permit Fee Schedule:
|Commercial buildings or construction of a new business
$200 + $0.15 per sq. ft.
|New residences, barns, garages, modular homes and mobile homes|
$100 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
|Additions, breezeways, porches
$75.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
|Sheds (wood, tool, storage), decks|
$50.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
|Alterations, Structural Changes & Changes of Use
$35.00 per inspection
|Electrical & Plumbing Permit|
$35.00 per inspection
|Commercial Wireless Towers $20.00 per linear foot plus $500.00 per co-locator. Accessory Building (cabinet) $200.00 + $0.15 per sq. ft|
|*Note: Basement square footage is included when calculating fees|
Town Of Warner - Required Construction Inspection Schedule:
|Driveway Permits||Before beginning construction and after installation||Matt Waite|
Director of Public Works
|Proposed boiler/heating system||Before and after installation||Edward P. Raymond|
|Foundation: Includes footings slabs, foundation walls, piers, damp proofing, foundation drainage, stoops, porches and terraces||Prior to backfilling||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Rough framing, plumbing, electrical, chimney and fireplaces||Prior to applying insulation, nonstructural interior, & exterior wall finish||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Insulation||Before closing walls||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Final Inspection||After completion of wiring, plumbing, heating system and receipt of septic use approval||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Occupancy||Occupancy permits will be issued after full compliance with this schedule. Before moving in, you are required to have hardwired smoke detectors installed on each floor and two (2) safe means of egress||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|