Town Offices Are Closed
The Warner Board of Selectmen have closed Town Hall Offices to the public per the Governor's Stay At Home Executive Order Order #17. Most all Town business can be performed on-line. If you have quuestions, please use email or phone. If you need to physically come to an office, you must schedule an appointment. To get email notices of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and other town information, sign up at https://warner.nh.us/keep-in-touch
The following offices are closed Thursday, December 24, 2020: Town Clerk, Tax Collector.
|Contact:||Judy Newman-Rogers - Administrative Assistant - Board of Selectmen|
Tom Baye - Building Inspector
|Address:||5 East Main Street|
PO Box 265
Warner NH 03278
603-848-5750 (Tom Baye)
|Hours:||Closed - By Appointment Only|
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Mon-Thu
Additional Information and Links:
- Building Code Ordinance
- Building Permit Application
- 911 Number Assignment Application
- Fee Schedule
- Residential Energy Code
- Class VI Road Policy
- Building Setback Reference Chart
- Certificate of Occupancy Requirements
- Driveway Permit
- Floodplain Development Ordinance
- Zoning Ordinance
- Septic - Frequently Asked Questions
Note per the Class VI Road Policy: No structure shall be constructed or placed on any Class VI Road.
When do I need to obtain a Building Permit?
- Interior renovations
- Additions of any size - residential, commercial, industrial
- Enlarging existing structures, rooms or spaces
- Creating new rooms or spaces within a structure
- Structural changes or repairs
- Demolitions of all or part of a structure
- New or replacement structures, including sheds, pools, decks, garages, carports, etc.
- Changes in Use or Occupancy
- Expansion or changes to electrical, plumbing, mechanical or fire protection systems
Do I need to obtain a permit for repairs?Ordinary repairs, classified as normal maintenance, do not require a permit. In general, to be considered a repair the item which is being repaired must already exist. Types of work may include:
- Painting or wallpapering
- Repairing floors or carpets
- Repairing interior trim, walls (this does not include demolition and reconstruction)
- Repairing cabinets or countertops
- Repairing roofs, windows, doors or siding
- No permit is required for an accessory structure 200 square feet or less (i.e. dog houses, play houses, sheds etc.), but must maintain required set-back requirements.
Building Permit Fee Schedule:
- Commercial buildings or construction of a new business
$200 + $0.15 per sq. ft.
- New residences, barns, garages, modular homes and mobile homes
$100 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
- Additions, breezeways, porches
$75.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
- Sheds (wood, tool, storage), decks
$50.00 + $0.10 per sq. ft.
- Alterations, Structural Changes & Changes of Use
$35.00 per inspection
- Electrical & Plumbing Permit
$35.00 per inspection
- Commercial Wireless Towers
$20.00 per linear foot plus $500.00 per co-locator. Accessory Building (cabinet) $200.00 + $0.15 per sq. ft
*Note: Basement square footage is included when calculating fees
Town Of Warner - Required Construction Inspection Schedule:
|Driveway Permits||Before beginning construction and after installation||Tim Allen|
Director of Public Works
|Proposed boiler/heating system, review of plans by the Fire Chief||Before and after installation||Ed Raymond|
|Foundation: Includes footings slabs, foundation walls, piers, damp proofing, foundation drainage, stoops, porches and terraces||Prior to backfilling||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Rough framing, plumbing, electrical, chimney and fireplaces||Prior to applying insulation, nonstructural interior, & exterior wall finish||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Insulation||Before closing walls||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Final Inspection||After completion of wiring, plumbing, heating system and receipt of septic use approval||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|
|Occupancy||Occupancy permits will be issued after full compliance with this schedule. Before moving in, you are required to have hardwired smoke detectors installed on each floor and two (2) safe means of egress||Tom BayeBuilding Inspector||603-848-5750|