Town Offices Are Closed

The Warner Board of Selectmen have closed Town Hall Offices to the public per the Governor's Stay At Home Executive Order #17. Most all Town business can be performed on-line. If you have quuestions, please use email or phone. If you need to physically come to an office, you must schedule an appointment. To get email notices of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and other town information, sign up at

Welfare Department

Contact:Elizabeth Labbe
Address:5 East Main Street
PO Box 265
Warner NH 03278
Phone:603-748-5182 x1
Hours:Closed - By Appointment Only
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Mon-Thu

To promote, protect and preserve the health and well-being of our community by helping individuals and families achieve self-sufficiency through direct assistance ore referrals to community resources in order to meet basic needs.


To have universal access for individuals and families to connect to necessary resources and services so everyone in our community can thrive and prosper.


The Town of Warner Welfare Department provides interim emergency assistance for low income residents through a voucher system. Assistance is available with rent, food, utilities and medication. Each applicant will be interviewed confidentially to review household circumstances and eligibility for assistance. Applications are available during hours of operation (excluding holidays).

You must apply in person or arrange an appointment over the phone.

Under NH Law RSA 165, every town and city in the State is mandated to relieve and maintain those in need and are required to have written guidelines to ascertain eligibility. If you do not live in Warner, contact your local town office for information and assistance.

How to apply

  • Download an application form.
  • Call the Selectman's office Monday - Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. (603) 456-2298 ext. 1
  • Pick-up an application located at the Town Hall at the front of the building in a box marked Welfare Applications.
  • After completing the application you can either drop it off in the Welfare box at the Town Hall, mail it to Town of Warner, PO Box 265, 5 East Main St, Warner, NH 03278 or scan and email it to

Forms & Guidelines

Homeless Assistance

If you are homeless in Warner, you should contact NH 2-1-1 (Dial 211 in NH) for possible homeless resources outside of Warner.

Long Term Assistance

If you are seeking information on long term assistance programs such as Temporary Assistance To Needy Families (TANF), foster care, disability grants, Medicaid, nursing home care, elderly care, and the food stamp program you may contact the New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services.

Additional Help In Warner

  • Funds Available for Heating Assistance - Community Action Program, Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc wants to remind homeowners and renters in Belknap and Merrimack Counties that Fuel Assistance funds are still available and the agency Area Center offices are open Monday through Friday to take applications. More info here
  • The Community Wood Bank purpose is to provide supplemental firewood to people who are in an emergency or in a situation of need. Please see this document for more information.
  • Community Action Program Belknap-Merrimack Counties: Housing assistance, fuel assistance, food pantries, etc
  • Warner Connects Community Services / Food Pantry: The Food Pantry is located at the Warner Community Center, 49 W Main St, Warner NH. For assitance or more information please contact Erin Reed or Lori Garret at 603-456-2053 / Donated items may be dropped off at the Food Pantry or in the donation box located in the north entrance of Market Basket. Checks can be made out to MainStreet Warner, Inc. with a note of "Food Pantry" and sent to PO Box 130, Warner NH 03278. MainStreet Warner, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Community Foundation. You can also contact Donna McGinley at Mainstreet Warner Inc at 603-456–3745 /